Wrapping up this One Room challenge has been full of excitement and anticipation for me. It reminds me that we have finished the bedroom for the boys to share, that our home is finally getting ready to bring our son home, and that we should be getting ready to travel very soon. So I am thrilled to share with you the finished product. Take a look around the playful vintage bedroom that our boys will be sharing.
Did you remember the before photo?
A quick recap of what we did to create this space:
- We started off with a round of paint that included decorators white and the perfect shade of green playing off the angled ceiling.
- The antique gold beds bring in some shine and some of that industrial feeling.
- Simple tray tables from Ikea were used as bedside tables, and they can easily do double duty when needed in other areas of the house.
- Small round baskets were placed under the tables for storage.
- In an effort to continue to keep the tray tables uncluttered, we used plug-in wall sconces for bedside lamps.
- Old vintage pennants from an antique mall were sewn onto strips of fabric and hung above the bed.
- These Ikea dressers were stained and file cabinet pulls were added to give it an industrial flare.
- Chippy old corbels and an antique sifter bring in interest without overwhelming the space.
- The most adorable quote hangs above pictures of our boys. These photos will need to be updated this summer! <3 Quote from It Says By Stacy.
- Ikea spice racks were painted with the white wall paint and hung for book storage.
- A hanging paper roll gives the boys easy access to coloring paper.
- The cutest white kids play table sits on our Wayfair rug.
- And the antique sugar mold is just the right size for colored pencils.
Love the boys bedroom as much as we do? I’ve included links below so you can find all of the amazing pieces used in this One Room Challenge.
You can hop over to the One Room Challenge link up to check out the rest of the room reveals for week six. There are so many great rooms it is hard to pick a favorite.
Thank you for coming along with us on this room update journey.
Always wishing you the best, xo