A great starter kitchen is lacking flow with a peninsula in the middle and a refrigerator that opens in the middle of the open space. The new plan incorporates the homeowners love of white cabinets, subway tiles and a overall clean modern look that has touches of weathered charm.
Client Needs & Wants:
- Remove the peninsula and increase flow.
- Lighten up the space with white cabinets.
- Incorporate glass front cabinets.
- Include bar height seating.
- Chrome and black accents.
- Pantry space and storage for kitchen supplies.
- Place 12 inch deep cabinets along one wall for shallow pantry storage and to make room for an island.
- Incorporate pendant lights for task lighting above the island.
- Maintain open space at the end of the island to keep bar seating.
- Include farmhouse sink and weathered wood valance and shelves for a weathered touch.
- Long handles for cabinets give a modern edge.
- Include a mix of glass front and solid cabinets.
*Note: What is provided here is a portion of what the design client receives at the end of the design stage. Find out more about our e-design services here. Our affordable solutions help you reach your design goals quickly, helping you create a space that functions while showing off your personal style.