A living room in an old victorian home is well used by a family full of young boys. The living room needs to be pulled together with a cohesive plan. The new plan brings in colors for a favorite quilt, and still allows room for storage and plenty of soft spots for boys to play.
Client’s Needs & Wants:
- Help the room design feel cohesive.
- Pull in the colors from a favorite quilt without feeling overwhelming.
- Add large stencil or design to a wall in the space.
- Replace the couch and chair.
- Storage for books and puzzles.
- Style the entrance hallway so that it serves its purpose while looking beautiful.
- Start with a blank slate by painting walls a shade of white.
- Bring in color through an upholstered ottoman, end table, picture frames, accent chair, pillows and quilts.
- Keep dresser and bookshelf for storage options.
- Bring in fabrics to soften all of the wood in the entranceway: throw blanket, pillows and curtain.
- Add a beautiful statement mirror to the entrance.
- Storage for favorite quilts on a ladder.
- Add interest with an accent chair made of wicker.
*Note: What is provided here is a portion of what the design client receives at the end of the design stage. Find out more about our e-design services here. Our affordable solutions help you reach your design goals quickly, helping you create a space that functions while showing off your personal style.