Hey friend, I’m Becky. I’m here to serve women who crave homes with purpose. I give them the tools they need to turn their houses into homes that are beautiful, while meeting the needs. I remind them that their homes can feel like a big hug, and represent their style, without sacrificing function or budget.
I’ve got a blog full of DIY ideas for those who want to save money and do it themselves. I also offer interior design consulting where I give you the tools and tips you need to make your space reflect your style and work hard for you. I also took an empty barn and turned it into a big old party barn with the help of my husband. Now we use it for hosting junking and thrifting sales twice a year! And because I still love teaching (my first job) I even offer DIY classes to Northeast Iowa locals in our barn.
When I’m not busting out fun DIY projects or interior design plans for clients I can be found shuttling my three kids, playing with the dog, chasing our chickens, or trying to find my hedgehog under the couch. And if all else fails, look for me locked up in my office, nose in a home design magazine, Pinterest, or trying to paint with watercolors.
If you really want to know more about me here are five interesting facts:
- I grew up in Michigan and went to college to teach elementary school.
- From there I moved to Iowa when I married my farmer husband and discovered my love for teaching middle schoolers.
- After having 3 kids we made the switch and I stayed home with my kids.
- We are in the process of adopting from Haiti, and it is a P-R-O-C-E-S-S.
- I became and avid blog reader which turned into a wanna-be blogger.
- I would have never imagined myself living on a farm, but here I am and loving all of the crazy challenges that come with this life.
If you want me to help you design a space for your home you can go here. And you will definitely want to keep up with my Tuesday Time-Out emails. They are a fun little escape waiting for you in your inbox each week! Sign up for the emails here.