This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItAMovieNight#CollectiveBias
One of the highlights of the week for my children is movie night (aka Friday night). We pile up in the living room with blankets, popcorn and enjoy a movie together. It’s a fun way to decompress from a long week, and something we look forward to each week!
A couple of days ago movie night was an even bigger affair and uncles and aunts, grandma and grandpa, joined us for a War Room movie night. I had the chance to see the movie in the theatre, but it was the first time watching the movie for everyone else. Before I go any further I should say that if you have not seen the movie before you need to, immediately. While it is based on the power of prayer to restore marriage, it is an important message for everyone, regardless of relationship status. It reminds me to step back an analyze who I am fighting, and how I am fighting. Am I fighting like it is my own battle? Or am I laying it before the Lord and letting Him fight for me? Such a powerful message, and one I wanted to share with the rest of my family.
So when my family was all available one evening for a movie night I made some quick snacks and we settled in to watch the movie! I started off going to Walmart to pick up a few supplies:
Orville Redenbacher 6 pack Movie Theater Popcorn Bowls | M&M snack canisters | 6 packs of Diet Coke and Sprite
War Room was just released and is now available at Walmart – which means you can pick up the movie and your snacks all in one stop! When I was back home I put together this super easy Popcorn Crunch and we had lots of delicious snacks to enjoy during our movie time.
Everyone enjoyed the movie, and I’m so glad we were able to watch it together. If you are planning a movie night watching War Room you will want to take advantage of this $10 credit:
- Purchase all four items in one transaction at Walmart. (Items: Orville Redenbacher popcorn, M&Ms, 2L or 6 pack of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero or Sprite, and the War Room Movie)
- Snap a picture of the receipt and upload it here.
- Receive a $10 credit by email from Vudu for a future movie purchase. *While supplies last, limit 1 per person.
You can use your popcorn and M&Ms to make this delicious and quick Popcorn Crunch snack! It was so fast and easy to make, and provided that great sweet and salty combo for those who like to mix it up. Pin this idea for the next time you need a quick, last minute snack.
- Preheat oven to 250º F.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute and stir until melted.
- Spread popcorn on a baking sheet and pour caramel over top. Sprinkle lightly with coarse sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While popcorn cools sprinkle M&Ms on top.
- Melt candy melts in the microwave. Drizzle on top of the popcorn and M&Ms and allow to cool.
- Scoop off with a spatula and enjoy!