Our front porch makeover continues into the second half of summer with this last DIY project. The outdoor curtain and curtain rod was by far the fastest project to complete out of the entire porch update, taking us just about 15 minutes to put together.
To create this simple outdoor curtain and curtain rod I gathered my materials.
- 1/2 galvanized steel pipe in desired length (for our porch I selected a 1/2 by 60 inch pipe)
- (2) 1/2 inch galvanized 90 degree elbow
- (2) 1/2 by 2 inch galvanized steel pipe nipple
- (2) 1/2 inch galvanized floor flange
- black matte outdoor spray paint
- 2 sets of curtain clip rings
- outdoor fabric of choice (My fabric came from JoAnn)
step 1 | Give all of the galvanized steel pieces a coat of black spray paint and allow to dry.
step 2 | Once dry put the curtain rings onto the long rod and then put the curtain rod together. Note: You must put the rings on before adding the floor flanges.
step 3 | Screw the rod into place on the roof or siding using long screws and an electric drill.
step 4 | Clip the piece of outdoor fabric onto the curtain rings. Depending on the material you selected you may want to sew the edges first.
And within a matter of minutes your outdoor curtain has been hung and ready to enjoy! When it is time to wash the fabric simply unclip, wash and dry, and then hang back up. I can’t help but think this would be a beautiful way to add some fabric to a screened in porch, or in the corners of a wrap around porch.
Make sure you head over to check out the full farmhouse front porch reveal!